All About Daily Leicester UK News

Dropped Kerbs Installers Hinckley

Dec 30

Do you need a dropped kerb for your property? You must get a kerb drop if you intend to drive onto your property via the pavement. To gain access to the public highway, a vehicle must be capable of crossing a driveway from a commercial or residential area.

Kerb dropping permits vehicles to cross asphalt from the road to a driveway. It is a legal requirement that anyone who desires to drive onto your property must do so.

You can also view our video directly on YouTube

Kerb Dropping and Vehicle Crossover Specialists

Parking outside your home can be stressful. A permit fee may be required. It may be difficult to find a spot to park your vehicle in urban areas. If you plan to drive over pavement onto your land, you will need a dropped kerb. If you have questions check out our website Q and A's.

A commercial driveway or residential driveway must allow access to the highway. It allows vehicles access to the roadway from a driveway. To drive on your property, you must have one.

Local Kerb Dropping Contractors

A kerb drop is a great way to improve your access to your property and to prevent people from parking on your driveway. A driveway access law states that you must have a vehicle crossover in order to drive a vehicle up the footway into your driveway.

You can't drive on the footway if this is not done. Infringing on the law could result in you being prosecuted.

It may be necessary that the pavement in front is strengthened. Sometimes, it is necessary to move manhole covers or lampposts.

Hinckley Vehicle Crossover Experts

If you aren't sure if permission is required, please contact your local authority. Contact your local council to find out if you require planning permission. The cost of applying will depend on where you live.

Once permission has been granted you can then find a local specialist for the job.

This is not a DIY project. The council has strict requirements about service providers. Some restrictions will restrict your use of their contractors. Others let you use your own contractors as long as they meet New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 specifications. Highway assessments may be subject to an additional charge by the council.

You can make your life easier by hiring a drop kerb contractor registered with the local authority. They will file all the necessary applications on your behalf. They can usually speed up the process, due to their proven track record with the council.

We have years of experience in installing drop-kerbs, and applying for planning permission. We will visit your property and take measurements. Any other considerations necessary to obtain planning permission. We have plenty of experience in this location and other towns also

We are an approved local authority firm and can assist your county council in installing a drop kerb that complies with all regulations.

Call us for a free quote. See our website for contact details.